Friday, May 11, 2007

aye carumba!

The semester's over! ... Already!??! How did that happen? This semester has flown by much faster than I thought it would. I think the pressure of having two classes to keep up with on top of work and everything else meant that I had to keep myself on a tight schedule. If I didn't, things just weren't getting done.

Oh, wait, that would explain the pile of laundry I just got finished with. Housework, as we discussed in some of the message boards, was certainly one of the things that was often left behind in the course of our creative pursuits. (yes, maybe that's just my excuse this go 'round...)


But, I must say, I've had a great time this semester. Everything from playing with the coding on the blog, to thinking about how I think creatively, to really exploring the colors, tastes and preferences that make me me. I really did learn a lot about my design sense when I'm designing things for me, not just for a particular audience.


In the J-710 class our final projects were to produce web pages. Deb suggested we use Tripod which had horrible templates. I started monkeying around with Google's Page Creator to see what I could pull off. It's nothing fancy (Manifesto Nos.2&3: forget good, process is more important than outcome) but certainly did the trick for the class.
Check it out. Hopefully, I'll be able to spend some "summer reading" time this summer working on it and continuing on with this project, too.

It's been a blast learning with you all. See y'all around the Blackboard!

No comments: