
I'm off to Vegas in the morning for a little r&r with some of the west coast kids. Sounded like a brilliant idea when someone said: Hey wanna go to Vegas in June? Sure! Yeah, ok, smart one. Here's the forecast for the week: Saturday, 106; Sunday, 104; Monday, 104; Tuesday, 101; Wednesday, 102. Good thing it won't be humid. Ha! Ah well.
From a usability perspective, I was most impressed with the Las Vegas Official Travel Website. Run by the convention and visitor's bureau, this site had it all. Information on hotels, maps of the strip, a searchable guide for shows and another for food, directions, information on getting there, day trips and more. Great starting point for finding new things to do in America's playground. Overall, the best planning sites were the ones that let me check availability for a given night. Makes it easy to plan the adventures before we get there and can't get in to anything.
It'll be good to get away and see what the eyes can see. One thing that has to be seen this time around: the Bellagio fountains. Somehow or another I've never seen them, or I've never been in the right place at the right time is probably a better way to describe it. But it's water. And a fountain show. How can I go wrong. Other Vegas faves: O and the Blue Men. Mystere is on the list for this trip. See y'all back here after my pockets are empty!
1 comment:
so did ya make enough to retire? buy a jazzy new 'stang? be mek's neighbor?
Post a Comment