It's a little town just northwest of Asheville, where my best friend, her hubby and year-old daughter live. I told people my vacation was "Vegas and Asheville" and they looked at me like I was crazy. I am. But it's me: one side is the total I want to relax, enjoy and do stuff and be pampered and eat, drink and be entertained in a crazy city. The other side is sit on top of a mountain where there's nothing but stars and hills to see, drink a few margaritas, grill some good eats and spend time relaxing. Both involve relaxing, just in different degrees. Totally lj.
Lil miss S. was turning 1 over the weekend and I hadn't seen her since December. She's walking. And shaking rattles and making all kinds of fun little noises. In a lot of ways, those giggles were better than any fountain show.
It's amazing to watch how quickly she learned things, even in the short time I was there. For example, we'd beat on the big purple yoga ball and she'd join in. When her grandfather gave her a soccer ball, she started beating it, too, and then proceeded to try and sit on it like we do with the yoga ball. Amazing sponges these little people are. Her mom's probably ready to shoot me after showing her how to shake the jar of sprinkles so it would make noise. Good thing she got her own music makers for gifts.
And, I drove home through some amazing thunderstorms complete with off the chart lightning. I feel relaxed, rested and ready for another week off from the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment