Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Bridge Day



The one day of the year when the New River Gorge Bridge is closed down so the base jumpers can have their day. Jump off a 876-foot bridge that's something like the world's second-longest arch span bridge. More about the bridge at the New River Convention and Visitor's Bureau.

Insane. Yes. Beautiful. You betcha. I've rafted down this river and driven across the bridge (and will be crossing it next week when I head north to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving). Absolutely fantastic. One of these days, maybe Dad and I'll go watch the jumpers. Na, I should definitely make that trip a priority. He clued me in to this Washington Post video of this year's festivities. Best look at the madness I've seen in a long while.

And, it's just cool that my dad's sharing video links with me. Makes me feel like I'm doing my job as a geek. :-)

No comments: