Been meaning to blog for a while now (haven't we heard that one from so many places so many times?) But a cross-country move for a new job has kept me just a wee bit busy.In setting up a new apartment, I've been trying to define what colors I want and where I want them. In a sense, it's very much an extension of the color work done on this blog for class last spring. What colors define me? Where do I want to see yellow? What moods do I want in a given room? And, perhaps my biggest color conundrum at the moment, what color couch do I want? Seems simple enough to answer, then I think, I have to live with it for a while. Do I want something versatile or something normal or something out of the ordinary?
But today I've wandered to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, completely forgetting there's a huge exhibit devoted to color exploration. In the decorate my apartment thinking, I've reminded myself how much I love color. This exhibit is fantastic online. Make sure your Flash is up and running and I highly recommend the full-screen version to make sure the full captions are legible. There's an audio component but the headphones aren't at work so I'll look at that at home. Fantastic exhibit and fantastic use of the web to bring this exhibit to color fans who won't make it to the MoMA.
No comments:
Post a Comment