View from atop the Getty Museum, looking toward downtown, from the camera phone, 11/12/06. At least I think this is downtown. It's L.A. There's smog. We'll go with it.
The day after Election Night, I hopped a plane to the west coast. My first trek to Los Angeles for my friend mugczar's wedding. (He used to work at the paper with me, that's where the "mug" reference comes from.) The wedding was fabulous. Intimate setting with just the right number of people.
After the festivities wound down, I had a couple days to play. One of mugczar's guests suggested I check out the J. Paul Getty Museum. I put the top down on the PT Cruiser (yes, I love convertibles on beautiful days. How else would you drive in California?) and headed to the museum.
Wow. This place was amazing. Again, I was wishing for a digital camera. The architecture alone was worth the visit. Then the artwork and the gardens were amazing, too.
I took a garden tour. The guide said we were lucky this day: one of the clearest she'd seen in a while and we could see all the way to downtown and out into the Pacific and Catalina Island.
I've always sworn I'm an east coast girl. But I'm a sucker for mountains and water. When I got back, I can't count the number of times I was asked, "So, lj, when ya movin'?"
The day after Election Night, I hopped a plane to the west coast. My first trek to Los Angeles for my friend mugczar's wedding. (He used to work at the paper with me, that's where the "mug" reference comes from.) The wedding was fabulous. Intimate setting with just the right number of people.
After the festivities wound down, I had a couple days to play. One of mugczar's guests suggested I check out the J. Paul Getty Museum. I put the top down on the PT Cruiser (yes, I love convertibles on beautiful days. How else would you drive in California?) and headed to the museum.
Wow. This place was amazing. Again, I was wishing for a digital camera. The architecture alone was worth the visit. Then the artwork and the gardens were amazing, too.
I took a garden tour. The guide said we were lucky this day: one of the clearest she'd seen in a while and we could see all the way to downtown and out into the Pacific and Catalina Island.
I've always sworn I'm an east coast girl. But I'm a sucker for mountains and water. When I got back, I can't count the number of times I was asked, "So, lj, when ya movin'?"

2 comments:
Check out the paintings by Larry Gray - strong similarities to your photo:
http://gallery.trinitygallery.com/component/option,com_gallery2/Itemid,68/?g2_itemId=1178
Amazing lighting, clouds, sky, and interesting horizons. Yep, definitely have to spend some more time with that site from the faster connections at the office.
thanks for the tip!
Post a Comment