
Now back in the J-School. Even better, I'm back in a viscom class. I do miss the theory that went along with being in classes. We don't get to do much theory discussion in my day to day newspaper design job. Well, not entirely true - we talk theory some. Just not as intensely as I'm betting we will here.
This is my second plunge into blogging. The first was for last semester's Database and Web Research class. If I keep this up, certain co-workers swear I'll be hooked on youtube, myspace and facebook before too long. Great, just what I need - an excuse to be in front of the computer even more!
Here's to a great semester of visual learning.
Now on to Picassa and the photos.
~~~~~~~~~
note to self - really should have had mom and dad get me a digital camera for christmas. what kind of designer doesn't have one of those by now! bad lj. maybe that'll be the next little gift to self for a job well done? :-)
6 comments:
Theory=cool.
Coolest thing about the theory stuff we did get to do at work: Discussions about CCI tags, and separating their names from their typography. That's apparently what all this CSS versus old-school HTML talk is about right now. Separating form from function.
And to think the CCI team was on that concept in 1999.
Digital camera=cool. Instant gratification. Best Buy website. Find your deal there, go to store and pick it up for the price they advertised on website. Insist on that price. Depth of field control disappointing though, with a Canon Powershot SD550. Or maybe it's just my skill level. Didn't RFM.
theory is cool.
sometimes I really do forget how much fun it is to let my brain roam free.
if we ever get around to upgrading... (gee, if i had money every time i said that)... the theory discussion about how to integrate the information and the delivery platform should be a good one. at least i hope so.
as for the camera, my sister and i got our parents the target red kodak easy share. they love it. and they love that they have a gadget that i don't yet. :-)
Leslie,
I love your site!
It visually feels good and comfy!
And, hey, thanks for your comment on my scatterbrained blog. Pretty messy of me... totally screams "newbie", right?
Oh, can you tell me more about the slideshow possibilities? You bet I've got more photos of my handiwork... and wheee!... that would save me from scrapbook "7734" (maybe not clear with this font) and my mom could enjoy my blog instead of asking me if I've updated "my craft portfolio". Sigh.
Again, awesome job! Can't wait to visit your cyber hangout again soon!
:-)
A-M
not scatterbrained. think of it as the first draft! a work in progress! :-)
We do a lot of slideshows here at the paper for charlotte.com. I'm no expert on them. It's one of the things I'm hoping to learn how to do this semester. Maybe it's a side project if it's not in the syllabus? Maybe Picasa can help produce them?
7734 - ha! took me a minute, but i'm 317537 :-)
I really like the chalk mosaic. I wonder if the "painter" was using the brush to apply a lacquer to preserve, or just blending the chalk in?
Great site.
I also recommend Best Buy for digital cameras (probably because my older son works at the Best Buy on Independence Blvd in Charlotte)
thanks for the camera suggestions everyone. I think I'm gonna have to get one this week. The syllabus has me anxious to post my own views, not those I find from others.
anybody else have a fave digital camera I should consider?
Post a Comment