Friday, February 09, 2007

Fun with Coca-Cola


Some fun Coke stuff from along the way:

120 years of Coca-Cola slogans
"Thirst knows know season" to "What you want is a Coke" to "It's the Real Thing" to "Catch the Wave" and "Make it Real"

The World of Coke
The Atlanta-based company's museum to all things Coke. Currently,undergoing renovations, but slated to reopen in May '07

The Coca-Cola Store
Archive of Coca-Cola Ads
And, I can't forget my favorite Diet Coke

Snopes.com's Cokelore
Rumors and truths about Coca-Cola from the folks at snopes.com

2 comments:

Andria said...

Folks have even made "will it blend?" Coke videos apparently.
Great choice of such a cultural icon.
Overheard conversation at work yesterday:
"Damn that machine. It gave me Coke instead of Coke Zero!" said with all the irony a young designer can muster.
Interpretation: I'm cool enough to know that maybe I shouldn't have the caffeine, but I'll join with all you other caffeine junkies just trying to get through the day."
While Coke seems to have at times watered down its brand by not focusing enough on one product line, it's amazing to me what they've also been able to do with bottled water.

Leslie Wilkinson said...

ha!
But, doesn't Coke zero have caffeine? I thought it substituted the sugar for something else.

Interesting that you bring up the bottled water: I thought Coke had run way far behind Aquafina in the bottled water department. They've spent a lot of money getting Dasani up into competition. The Dasani ad campaign isn't as etched into memory as some of the other Coke products like Sprite are.