Friday, March 02, 2007
I need a photo... find me something...
I spent some time earlier in the week digging around on the photo sites Serena had listed under the "Resources" section on Blackboard. I was after a new lede image for this blog. The red coke sign started bothering me sometime last week and I had decided I needed something to help balance out the red.
Plus it was a chance to dig around and see just what kind of "free" photos I could find. I've added a link over in the navigation bar to some of the sites I liked best. Morguefile.com's good. I like that you can save your favorites on stock.xchng. I also liked yotophoto.
Amanda's green plant from Ecuador got me thinking. So I did some searching for tight shots of flowers. I'm also on the look out for a great tight water shot - I think that's going to take me a while longer to find (I'm kinda picky about my droplets).
I found this photo by John D. or macrophile as he goes by on Flickr. Wow. Wow. Wow. He's got some amazing stuff on his Flickr site. Check him out. I'm betting I'll be borrowing something of his again.
I love the patterns on this flower. The deep rich pinks that spiral inward and fade to pale pastels. Then there's the bright, vibrant spring green on the inside of the flower. Add the texture of the petals - everything from the dew drops to the little hairs or bristles on the edges of the petals. This is a photo rich with details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment