
I think i'm finally getting somewhere. I'm still trying to find the coding for the green in the background. But for now, i think it's still ok.... not like i have huge amounts of red in the way or anything. now the challenge is the banner...
Banner locations found and updated. Didn't read to the bottom of some of the coding, so I was stuck in neutral. Now, if I could get the borders to work out properly.
As far as color goes, I'm not happy yet. I think I still need more punch. I've gotten stuck trying to work a couple palettes together, and it's really beginning to show. I was aiming for the reds/greens of the red and kiwis or the black/white/tan/red of the diner, but have somehow managed a palette that's actually closer to the big pink flower. That's what I get for not being able to settle on one strong set of colors.
UPDATE: I've also managed to blow away coding on the datepostedheaders. Bother. Entirely too big and detract from the red title headers. Must investigate that some more.
4 comments:
I like the banner, but may I suggest increasing the font size of "lj's eyes"? To me, the title and subhead (subhede?)are almost competing for my attention...
And thank you for your suggestion to change the font on my blog. I was shooting for a "typewriter on yellowing paper" look, but in the end, it didn't work out right....
Thanks, Boris! And, you're welcome for the feedback. I think you could still use Courier to get the typewriter feel, just not use it everywhere.
You caught me mid-process I think. I've got a better version up now. I was having trouble finding where I needed to delete the old template headers and add my own.
I'm loving the glasses thing. When I read your idea about using glasses, I was hoping you would try it. It's less direct than eyes and gives you all kinds of design options. Nice job!
The glasses give you a hip and happening appearance and the color scheme feels very modern to me. The crimson with the brown and the white text adds an energy... kind of like a cup of cocoa with a candy cane stirrer. Good job!
Post a Comment