Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Oh, Sugar Sugar

I confess, I didn't find this either of these sins through my activity-centered design. A friend who had participated in the same program last year suggested I make a stop at Finale, a dessert bar. Oh, my goodness the sugar in this place. The dark chocolate and red decor was also pretty amazing. But the desserts were show-stoppers.

Port flights. Hot chocolate flights. Dessert flights. Wow. We need something like this place in Charlotte as an alternative to regular coffee shops or late night bars. If you're near Harvard and in need of a sugar fix, check this one out.

Then there's Burdick Chocolates, also near Harvard Square. Some of the best hot chocolate I've had. And precious little truffels and animal shaped chocolates.

Forget Boston beers, sweets were the way to go tonight.

2 comments:

Rogelio Aranda said...

We'll need to hit La Marguerite's in NoDa pretty soon. I think that should come before the Coffee Cup.

Leslie Wilkinson said...

Ah, very good point! I still need to make a list of the best places I haven't been, or haven't been in a long while. Coffee Cup has to be on it.